Printed circuit boards are an important part of the functioning of electronic devices such as laptops and computers. The design and layout of the printed circuit boards play a major role in the function and feature of a device. Therefore, the technical developers designed the PCB in such a way that the circuit can perform all the functions smoothly and efficiently. Let us know more about the pcb design and development process.
How is PCB manufactured?
PCB manufacturing consists of many steps. The PCB’s production requires technical tools such as computers and driven tools.
- Designing the PCB: – The technical developer starts to build a reliable design for the PCB. The design is done with the help of various software.
- Design review and engineering questions: – The engineers inspect the design and errors. An engineer’s job is to correct any errors in design and ensure the best functioning of PCB.
- Printing PCB design: – The PCB design is printed through a special printer called a plotter printer.
- Printing the layers: – After printing the design on paper, the copper is pasted over the same laminate. It provides a structure for the PCBs. Then, the laminate is covered with a photo-sensitive film known as a resist. In PCB design and development, the printing layer has more steps such as inner layer imaging, an inner layer etching, resist stripping, etc.
- Layer alignment: – The holes of each layer are aligned. A kind of punch machine known as an optical punch is used to align the layers.
- Automation optical inspection and laminating PCB layers.
- Drilling and plating.
- Solder mask and silkscreen application.